Echo & Alexa Forums

Inexpensive plug-in Alexa device

Dtwelch53

Inexpensive plug-in Alexa device
« on: February 12, 2022, 12:54:40 pm »
I thought a few years ago that I saw an Alexa device that plugged into the wall sort of like a smart plug and could receive commands. I’m not sure that it had any speaker and it was very inexpensive, but I can’t even find any reference to it. Was I dreaming?

Re: Inexpensive plug-in Alexa device
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 03:35:55 pm »
are you talking about the echo flex

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 05:46:54 pm »
are you talking about the echo flex
that is what I was thinking too however it does have a speaker just not the best sound.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 09:01:51 pm »
that is what I was thinking too however it does have a speaker just not the best sound.

there was also he echo input but it did not have a speaker.   on a side note, I wish the echo input was still around.   It was before its time since it could help cover bigger rooms and dead spots without additional speakers.  . 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 09:50:22 am »
It does appear that Amazon took both Echo Input and Echo Flex out of their website. Echo Flex was convenient that you can just plug it into the wall. But the built-in speaker was horrible. A pocket radio from 1980 sounds better than the Echo Flex.

Of all the devices that Amazon discontinued, I liked the Echo Buttons the best. I have 4 of them and I wish I could get some more. They make excellent triggers for Alexa routines. You press a button and your routine runs. I'm not aware of any other devices, Amazon brand or third party, that can do the same.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »
Of all the devices that Amazon discontinued, I liked the Echo Buttons the best. I have 4 of them and I wish I could get some more. They make excellent triggers for Alexa routines. You press a button and your routine runs. I'm not aware of any other devices, Amazon brand or third party, that can do the same.

The echo button was also before its time too.   I was looking up buttons the other day and found a site that compared them.   They even included the echo button as one of the best even though they did mention is was no longer available.   If only amazon pushed the routine trigger aspect of it instead of using it for games. 

AlanH

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 08:30:40 am »
Echo Flex is still available on the Amazon UK site for the giveaway price of £9.99. Presumably running down their final stocks of the device.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 02:23:23 pm »
I just checked amazon.ca and the flex is still available for regular price and the extra adaptors are also still available (sensor/ light)