Echo & Alexa Forums

How to choose Bluetooth stream as source

How to choose Bluetooth stream as source
« on: January 17, 2022, 03:42:18 pm »
Hi everyone

I would like to use my echo dot as a Bluetooth speaker so I have set it up and it has paired with my PC. Now I would like to play music using Bluetooth.. my PC is called LOCAL so I can say connect to local then start the stream playing from my PC. How do I choose to play the Bluetooth stream via the Alexa app? There does not appear to be a way to choose the source at all - I thought it would be in with the music services like Spotify and Tidal but I just cant find it anywhere :) Is there a button I am missing that changes what the dot plays from Amazon Prime music for example to the Bluetooth audio stream?

Thanks.

Plum32

AlanH

Re: How to choose Bluetooth stream as source
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 05:51:43 am »
If I understand your post correctly, you want to stream music from your PC to an Echo Dot? On My Mac, if I open Spotify for example, and begin playing a song, at the bottom of the Spotify Window between the scrubber bar and the volume bar are several icons. The one that looks like a speaker on top of a screen lets you connect to a device of your choosing. On the other hand you could simply ask your Dot "Alexa, play ABC by XYX " assuming you've set a default music player in the Alexa app.