Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping's "Suggested for You" - How do I turn it off completely?

glmoore0001

In the Alexa app/shopping screen on my Galaxy S20fe.. When I hit "Add Item" to the shopping list, It pops open a "Suggested For You" screen that has icons and a list of grocery items. I want to eliminate this screen. I found a setting that said "Hide Suggestions", but that did not make it go away. The problem with the screen is, if I am trying to input different items I cannot doublecheck what I have it already entered on my shopping list. I have to go out of "Add Item" to make it go away.
It has really taken the usefulness out of this part of the app for me. There needs to be a check box above this screen to disable in case you do not want it.
Can anyone tell me how to make "suggested for you" screen permanently go away?
Thanks.. Gary

Re: Shopping's "Suggested for You" - How do I turn it off completely?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 10:08:59 pm »
try disable food and recipes in the alexa app under alexa preferences.   

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 02:40:57 am »
It’s called ‘Popular List items’, the idea being that you tap on an item in the comprehensive list of groceries rather than typing it manually. Or, you could simply say “Alexa, add xyz to my shopping list.”

glmoore0001

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 05:30:48 pm »
It’s called ‘Popular List items’, the idea being that you tap on an item in the comprehensive list of groceries rather than typing it manually. Or, you could simply say “Alexa, add xyz to my shopping list.”
I appreciate your answer, but I want to get rid of the Popular List Items. It is something I do not use and it keeps me from seeing what I have put on my list. How do I get rid of it and retain the  shopping list? Thanks, Gary

glmoore0001

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 05:45:15 pm »
try disable food and recipes in the alexa app under alexa preferences.   
The only "preferences" under food and recipes is "dietary preferences". I cannot take anything away in that category, nothing is checked. I do want to keep the shopping list, I only want to get rid of the "suggested for you" icons. Thanks.. Gary

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 03:30:51 am »
There obviously isn’t an option to remove the Popular List Items feature. Perhaps you could contact Amazon directly in Help & Feedback in the Alexa app.