Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can't setup Echo Dot using Firefox browser

Can't setup Echo Dot using Firefox browser
« on: December 27, 2021, 12:53:55 pm »
My son setup Alexa using his iPhone but he's gone back to Germany. Alexa is having trouble finding the network, I am trying to setup again at alexa.amazon.co.uk/ using Firefox. I get as far as Go to your Wi-Fi settings on this computer and select the Amazon-ate network. It may take up to a minute to appear. After connecting to Amazon-XXX, you can continue setup. It connects to the Amazon-XXX network but nothing else happens so setup can't continue. What do I need to do next?

Re: Can't setup Echo Dot using Firefox browser
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:29:26 am »
Generally, I recommend using a cell phone (with the alexa app on it) to set up any Alexa/echo items/devices... I've been in the ecosystem so long I don;t remember if I ever set one up via Computer or web browser. I believe that's where Your particular issue lies as well.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Can't setup Echo Dot using Firefox browser
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 11:33:17 am »
You are right, Amazon says that this Echo Dot can't be set up using their browser.