Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show 15"

Echo Show 15"
« on: December 15, 2021, 07:57:27 am »
I had to do a pre-order, but I did and the Show 15" came last week. I think it was Friday. I didn't have time to hang it until  Monday. So here's my quick take on it... for thos ewho may or may not ewant to spend the money on this unit.

If you have a spirit level and a basic ability to do some measuring and hang a picture, this is not a hard job. If you use anchors or mount to solid material (Other than just sheet rock), you could get away with using just the top two mounting screws. It has a center mark that allows to find ccenter, and of course a levelling device helps with getting it straight. Super easy for me, but some may not be as mechanical, so take your time, use the template if needed, or just use the bracket for a template. Either way is easy. What you need to know up front, is that you can only hang the Bracket in one direction, however, you can change the orientation of the frame without any change. The one thing I found at odds with my situation, is that I wanted to run the powwer supply out of the side, as I have a shorter route that way, but the cable routing has to be either out the top or bottom. If you want to go to the side, you have to go under the side of the bracket to go that way. not a big deal, but not centered on the frame. If you are OCD, it's gonna bug you.

This dude is substantial in weight I don't know the exact weight, but it's not a tablet or anything so light. It probably weighs in at at least 3-4 pounds. I had a Fire tablet 7" for a control center in the kitchen until this change, it was just hung with double sided tape. If I had hung this unit on smooth surface, I could have used the same 3M clear double sided thick tape... but changed location due to the direction. It faces a wall (across) when it's in that location. I moved it to the perpendicular wall, to face out into my kitchen this time. Much better. I found horizontal to be my best option as it seems to be a very WIDE screen. Portrait position seemed odd when hung that way...

As far as the operation of the machine, it's pretty typically Echo stuff, however it has different software and it works REALLY well as a command center. I set it up and it just works well. Swipe down from the top for the machine settings, from the right to allow widget adjustment.addition, delete. It took all of about 4 minutes to be familiar with the controls and another 5-7 minutes to decide how I wanted things to function and how I wanted the widgets arranged.

I'd share pictures but I haven;t finished the wall it's on yet. It needs some more attention and some paint before I finish that portion of my kitchen rebuild... but location is good, function is GREAT, and everyone in the house can understand it and use it easily.

Price = a bit much at $260.90 (with applicable taxes)
Functionality = 9 out of 10 (there's always something that could suit an individual...) but a very close call.

Bottom line is, I kept the boxes because I wasn't sure i'd be thrilled with it, but I'm tossing them out today. It stays. Nice device to add to or start an Echo System.

- Recommend - (Just understand it ain't the cheapest of the echos...)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!