Echo & Alexa Forums

How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound

I had a dot and a show 5.  I set the default wake up tone as a song from my Amazon Music account; a different one for each.  I replaced the dot with a Show 5 and wanted to do it again, but can't remember how.  Nor can I find the method on the internet.
So...  how do I do it?

I have posted on the Amazon Forum, but they keep telling me how to change the tone from one standard noise to another.  Or how to request a specific song when I set an alarm.  I know how to do those.  I need to know how to say "Alexa, wake me at 7am" and it will wake me to the song I set as the default from my Amazon music account.

Thanks much; it is driving me crazy.

David N

Re: How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »
I use a station, not a particular song but I tried your scenario and here is what I found. First, alarms are device specific. There is not a default alarm tone or song for all your echos, each must be set up individually but can be set as a default for that particular echo. Second I think that this has to be initially set up by voice and then can later be modified in the app. So I asked one of my echos to set a re-occurring alarm at xx:xx time to Wipe Out by the Surfaris. It then asked if I would like to make this the default alarm tone from now on on this device which I agreed to. Next I asked to set up another alarm with just the time and again it played Wipe Out as it should. Now I tried to set an alarm for the same echo using the app and Wipe Out was again the default.
So yes, what you are looking for is possible.

Re: How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 01:22:57 pm »
That works; thanks!  Why isn't it documented anywhere; it is so simple.