Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound

I had a dot and a show 5.  I set the default wake up tone as a song from my Amazon Music account; a different one for each.  I replaced the dot with a Show 5 and wanted to do it again, but can't remember how.  Nor can I find the method on the internet.
So...  how do I do it?

I have posted on the Amazon Forum, but they keep telling me how to change the tone from one standard noise to another.  Or how to request a specific song when I set an alarm.  I know how to do those.  I need to know how to say "Alexa, wake me at 7am" and it will wake me to the song I set as the default from my Amazon music account.

Thanks much; it is driving me crazy.

Re: How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »
I use a station, not a particular song but I tried your scenario and here is what I found. First, alarms are device specific. There is not a default alarm tone or song for all your echos, each must be set up individually but can be set as a default for that particular echo. Second I think that this has to be initially set up by voice and then can later be modified in the app. So I asked one of my echos to set a re-occurring alarm at xx:xx time to Wipe Out by the Surfaris. It then asked if I would like to make this the default alarm tone from now on on this device which I agreed to. Next I asked to set up another alarm with just the time and again it played Wipe Out as it should. Now I tried to set an alarm for the same echo using the app and Wipe Out was again the default.
So yes, what you are looking for is possible.

Re: How to set a song from my Amazon Music account as my defalt alarm sound
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 01:22:57 pm »
That works; thanks!  Why isn't it documented anywhere; it is so simple.