Echo & Alexa Forums

Routines "Activity" Is Not Correct

Offline TE5LA

Routines "Activity" Is Not Correct
« on: December 03, 2021, 09:19:57 am »
The list where the Alexa app shows activity is not accurate. I have two commands spaced one minute apart in the morning to start a coffeemaker because Alexa has failed in the past to run the routine. This morning, it failed to run either of these commands yet in the app, claims that they were both performed. They were not.

Re: Routines "Activity" Is Not Correct
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 12:14:08 pm »
The fact that Alexa says it sent the commands indicates to me a network issue. Alexa may have sent the commands  they just may not have reached yor devices due to any number of issues.
I have a light at my off grid place that sometimes failed to come on however if I issue 2 on commands in a routine it always works ???   
You don't  say what brand smart devices are that sometimes fail in routines.

Offline TE5LA

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 11:59:54 pm »
The fact that Alexa says it sent the commands indicates to me a network issue. Alexa may have sent the commands  they just may not have reached yor devices due to any number of issues.
I have a light at my off grid place that sometimes failed to come on however if I issue 2 on commands in a routine it always works ???   
You don't  say what brand smart devices are that sometimes fail in routines.
All different brands fail often. I have an Nvidia Shield that actually works when I ask Alexa to turn it on, but five seconds later says "Sorry, Shield is not responding." This happens 100% of the time. Other devices are a Midea air conditioner, sometimes Alexa will say "I don't know how to do that", then giving same command one second later will perform the command. A number of appliances are connected via various outlet devices. My network is very solid. Cat6 cable throughout, have 1 Gbps Internet with 50 mbps upload.

It's been flaky for many years. Will also randomly turn on my TV even though there are no routines to do this. The reason I have begun to add redundant commands a minute or two apart is due to its inconsistency. When I had named my window AC unit "A.C." and my thermostat was "Thermostat", asking Alexa to turn on the "A.C." resulted in it trying to turn on the thermostat.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 07:59:33 am »
Alexa uses wifi  cat 6 cabling nor the speed of your ISP will help if your network has wifi issues. There are several things that can affect RF signals.
Are you in a condo or apt?
How close is your nearest neighbor?