Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo 10 seems "stupid" compared to my dot... Why.. lol

eventsbykent@gmail.com

Echo 10 seems "stupid" compared to my dot... Why.. lol
« on: November 26, 2021, 08:30:31 pm »
I recently upgraded my echo 8 to 10 with my ring so I could monitor more easily... But it's not as conversational as my dot... Normally this wouldn't bother me, but she's literally back at square 1... My dot will answer my "thank you."  and follow  up with, "super, glad I could help".

Can't find a way so far to pass that "knowledge" or skill onto my 10...any thoughts?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo 10 seems "stupid" compared to my dot... Why.. lol
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:32:35 am »
I recently upgraded my echo 8 to 10 with my ring so I could monitor more easily... But it's not as conversational as my dot... Normally this wouldn't bother me, but she's literally back at square 1... My dot will answer my "thank you."  and follow  up with, "super, glad I could help".

Can't find a way so far to pass that "knowledge" or skill onto my 10...any thoughts?

A couple of things to look at in your Echo Show 10 settings. One is Brief Mode. Second is Follow-up Mode. Brief Mode should be off and Follow-up Mode should be on if you want the responses that you described.

David N

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 07:23:15 pm »
I have brief mode ON and follow up OFF but if I say thank you to end a timer or alarm it still responds with a your welcome or anytime, etc.
Just wish it didn't respond with "by the way"

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 03:48:39 am »
I have brief mode ON and follow up OFF but if I say thank you to end a timer or alarm it still responds with a your welcome or anytime, etc.
Just wish it didn't respond with "by the way"

be sure you send feedback over the by the ways every time it happens.   Just say alexa send feedback