Echo & Alexa Forums

Can two Echo connected to the same App but placed in separate room?

Currently I hv a 4th gen Echo in my living. I intend to get an Echo Dot 4th gen for my bedroom. Can both be connected to the same hp app? My main purpose is either Echo will play at any one time but not both at the same time. If both echo can play different music at the same time then that will be a bonus.

Offline jwlv

Re: Can two Echo connected to the same App but placed in separate room?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:06:30 pm »
Most of the people in this forum have multiple Echo devices. Some of us have more than a dozen. The app is only required to set up a new Echo device. Once it's set up, you don't need the app any more unless you want to make changes. But on playing music, you can play different music on every Echo device you own all at the same time. When you play music, it doesn't actually play from the app (or your phone). You could play music from your phone if you use your Echo device as a Bluetooth speaker. Most people don't. Some pay-only music services (Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, etc.) may limit how many devices can be playing at the same time. I believe Spotify allows 2 on their basic plan, Amazon Prime Music only allows 1 (they want you to upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for a fee). There are plenty of free music services that allow you to play different music on as many Echo devices as you want.

Re: Can two Echo connected to the same App but placed in separate room?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 06:25:47 am »
Most of the people in this forum have multiple Echo devices. Some of us have more than a dozen. The app is only required to set up a new Echo device. Once it's set up, you don't need the app any more unless you want to make changes. But on playing music, you can play different music on every Echo device you own all at the same time. When you play music, it doesn't actually play from the app (or your phone). You could play music from your phone if you use your Echo device as a Bluetooth speaker. Most people don't. Some pay-only music services (Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, etc.) may limit how many devices can be playing at the same time. I believe Spotify allows 2 on their basic plan, Amazon Prime Music only allows 1 (they want you to upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for a fee). There are plenty of free music services that allow you to play different music on as many Echo devices as you want.

TQ so much for your clear explanation