Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing same station music for 12 hours

amishsteve

Playing same station music for 12 hours
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:23 am »
I love listening to the Liquid Mind station throughout the night, but Echo shuts off after a period of time.  What is the command to ask her to play to station all night?

Thx.

mike27oct

Re: Playing same station music for 12 hours
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:54 am »
Maybe you start station playing and then ask to set the sleep timer for 12 hours.  I told it to do this and it said it would stop playing in 12 hours, but it remains to be seen if it does so.  BTW, I cancelled the timer.

amishsteve

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:21:42 am »
Thanks Mike.  I may have answered my own question.  After extensive searching on line for an answer I saw a reference tom Amazon that Alexa will 'loop'.  No better description as to what this meant exactly or how to initiate it.  A classic problem when user manuals are written by those create the product and are way to close to the 'average guy's' perspective. 

So, the command I used was, "Alexa play XXX and loop it".  It was still running 12 hrs later.  Give it a try.

amishsteve

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
OK, not 100% sure my original work around really worked.  I think it is better to phrase it as follows; "Alexa, Loop music by Marshall Tucker from Prime Music" or "from my Music Library".

Seems to work better.