Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Playing same station music for 12 hours

Playing same station music for 12 hours
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:23 am »
I love listening to the Liquid Mind station throughout the night, but Echo shuts off after a period of time.  What is the command to ask her to play to station all night?

Thx.

Re: Playing same station music for 12 hours
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:54 am »
Maybe you start station playing and then ask to set the sleep timer for 12 hours.  I told it to do this and it said it would stop playing in 12 hours, but it remains to be seen if it does so.  BTW, I cancelled the timer.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:21:42 am »
Thanks Mike.  I may have answered my own question.  After extensive searching on line for an answer I saw a reference tom Amazon that Alexa will 'loop'.  No better description as to what this meant exactly or how to initiate it.  A classic problem when user manuals are written by those create the product and are way to close to the 'average guy's' perspective. 

So, the command I used was, "Alexa play XXX and loop it".  It was still running 12 hrs later.  Give it a try.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
OK, not 100% sure my original work around really worked.  I think it is better to phrase it as follows; "Alexa, Loop music by Marshall Tucker from Prime Music" or "from my Music Library".

Seems to work better.