Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo and Ring not working.

Crank

Echo and Ring not working.
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:05:12 pm »
I tried search for this problem with out any luck so here it goes.
A few weeks ago my ring app would talk with the alexa app. Every time someone walked by my ring doorbell or pushed the ring button, I would hear it on my alexa in all rooms. I don’t know what changed but something did. I’ve rebooted the ring doorbell. I’ve erased the ring doorbell skill in the alexa app and reprogrammed it back again. I enabled it. Nothing. I get all alarms on my iPhone ok. Just nothing thru alexa. All soft switches turned on per recommendations.
Has anyone figured out what happened and how to fix the problem?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo and Ring not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:49:27 pm »
Open the Alexa app, tap the devices icon at the bottom.
Then tap Cameras near the top (you may have to scroll right/left to see it).
Now that you're in the Cameras section, look for your Ring doorbell. Tap your Ring doorbell and the live view will come on. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to enter Settings. In Settings, you can enable Motion announcements and Doorbell press announcements. Make sure you have chosen which Echo devices that you want to hear the announcements. If needed, tap Announcement Devices to choose your Echo devices. On the same page, scroll all the way down to make sure that the Enabled toggle is actually enabled.

See attached screenshot for an example.

Crank

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 07:27:32 pm »
Thanks for your help lwlv with this. I appreciate it.
Yep, I’ve been thru the selections as you stated. See attached.
I’m stumped. I’ve eased and reloaded the ring skill and rebooted the ring. Just one day it stopped working. The only thing I can think of is my ring is a first gen. That shouldn’t be the problem. Should it?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:50:01 pm »
Maybe try disabling and then re-enabling the Ring skill for Alexa.
Here is the Ring skill for Alexa: https://www.amazon.com/Ring/dp/B01JTL2PYE

Crank

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 11:43:56 pm »
Thanks again jwlv.
Yeah I did disable and reload the skill. Everything looks like it should work. I’ll keep messing with it.

Crank

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 11:55:17 pm »
The strangest thing happened to me today. The ring doorbell works fine thru the alexa equipment now! I did not change a thing. Something happened over night.
I’m all set. Thanks all.