Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Stream and shuffle all your favorite Amazon Music-here's how I did it

I play music all day on my Echo and Echo Dot.  I got frustrated with hearing the same music repeatedly when I knew I had over 220 songs as "favorites" or "likes".  After research, trial, and error I realized Alexa only shuffles about 20 songs at a time.  Here's my solution.

I opened the Amazon Music on my laptop, sorted in alphabetical order by song title (this gives you a nice starting shuffle).

I took 20 songs at a time and created 11 playlists:  Favorites 1 - 11

I established a speaker group and gave it a custom name:  mine is Combined Speakers.  One in the living room and one in the bedroom.  No matter where I walked in my home I could hear the music.

I added my Echo and Echo Dot to the group.

Here's the important part:  playing on the speaker group is pre-determined by saying the phrase "play music".  So, I would say "Echo, play and shuffle Favorites 1 music".  At first I had to tell Echo at the end of the phrase "on Combined Speakers".  But after the first two times it wasn't necessary.

A playlist of 20 songs will play continuously for about 1.5 hours.  When it stopped, I would just tell it to play the next one.

Now, I have 220 songs playing and shuffling continuously.