Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show Photographs "Art"

allegoricus

Echo Show Photographs "Art"
« on: September 06, 2021, 06:01:32 am »
I have "Art" selected  for the "Clock & Photo Display" choice on my Echo Show and love the works that are displayed.
How can I find the titles of the pictures that are shown?
I've searched a number of times (although not here) without success for the answer to this.
Thanks in advance,
Peter
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 07:38:36 am by allegoricus »

Re: Echo Show Photographs "Art"
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 10:20:18 am »
Have you tried asking Alexa "Who is the arttists and what is the name of this "Painting" or whatever you suspect it is... photo, etc...????

2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 02:17:54 pm »
Amazon has several backgrounds that you can use for your clock/home background. Unfortunately they don't say artist's name or where it came from. I suggest taking a picture of it from your phone and then do a Google image search with that picture and see what you come up with. I'm guessing that it's probably something that Amazon created internally and corporate owned, so it's unlikely to have an artist name.

allegoricus

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 05:17:40 am »
Have you tried asking Alexa "Who is the arttists and what is the name of this "Painting" or whatever you suspect it is... photo, etc...????

Thanks, but no. As I had already discovered, that one's a dead end. :-(

allegoricus

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 05:21:38 am »
Amazon has several backgrounds that you can use for your clock/home background. Unfortunately they don't say artist's name or where it came from. I suggest taking a picture of it from your phone and then do a Google image search with that picture and see what you come up with. I'm guessing that it's probably something that Amazon created internally and corporate owned, so it's unlikely to have an artist name.

The pictures are mostly classic 19th century style works, so I'm guessing that they're licensed by the Rijksmuseum or similar.
Still, your suggestion re. Google image search is a good one, and I'll put it to the test.
Thanks!

allegoricus

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 10:27:19 am »
The pictures are mostly classic 19th century style works, so I'm guessing that they're licensed by the Rijksmuseum or similar.
Still, your suggestion re. Google image search is a good one, and I'll put it to the test.
Thanks!

Yes, that works and, yes, my guess that they - or at least those I've tested - are from the Rijksmuseum collection is also correct!
Thanks again! :-)