Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Show wakes me up with weather report at 5:30

Echo Show wakes me up with weather report at 5:30
« on: August 23, 2021, 08:40:58 am »
My Echo Show has been waking me up. It seems to randomly give the weather report without being asked. It has occurred in the late evening (11-12pm) but usually it's only the morning. I've disabled notifications, put it on "do not disturb" mode, and deleted skills. I even factory reset the Echo Show. And it still has the urge to wake us up with an unwanted weather report at 5:30am. How can I stop it from doing this?

My other echo devices do not have this problem. Only the Show does it. In the app, under "settings -> notifications", there is no "custom notifications" and no "severe weather alert for [location]" (I think I deleted it weeks ago).

Re: Echo Show wakes me up with weather report at 5:30
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 06:19:06 pm »
The answer to my conundrum was in "Routines". For some reason there was a routine that worked like this: whenever anyone anywhere in my house dismissed an alert on their Echo Dot, the weather report was given on the Echo Show. The solution was to disable that routine.