Echo & Alexa Forums

How to command standby mode?

How to command standby mode?
« on: August 13, 2021, 10:36:13 am »
3 questions on Echo 4th gen.

1)   I just purchased an Echo 4th gen. I noticed when I powered up, it will take a while before Alexa can receive command. Is that normal?
2)   Is it good practice to turn off the main power at the end of the day? Is there a standby mode? If there is, what is the proper command? I say Alexa “standby”she dont understand.
3)   What is the power consumption in wattage when playing?

Re: How to command standby mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 10:21:43 am »
It is normal to connect after being powered off.  It has to connect to your wifi, then has to connect to the cloud and who knows what else before going live.   There is no standby mode on alexa devices other than just waiting for the wake word.   No reason to power off at the end of the day.   Someone else will have to answer about power consumption.   

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 02:50:06 am »
It is normal to connect after being powered off.  It has to connect to your wifi, then has to connect to the cloud and who knows what else before going live.   There is no standby mode on alexa devices other than just waiting for the wake word.   No reason to power off at the end of the day.   Someone else will have to answer about power consumption.

Tks for reply.

As for Q2, I just need to say Alexa, stop? Then I call it a day?

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 05:03:38 am »
Tks for reply.

As for Q2, I just need to say Alexa, stop? Then I call it a day?

no reason to say anything unless you have some end of day routine set up 

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 08:59:07 am »
no reason to say anything unless you have some end of day routine set up

Ok TQ