Echo & Alexa Forums

60 or over and own an Alexa device? [Study]

60 or over and own an Alexa device? [Study]
« on: August 01, 2021, 05:13:32 pm »
Hi! I am a PhD student at the University of Toronto. I am conducting research on how seniors use their Amazon Alexa devices. We would like to analyze seniors' Alexa logs for usage patterns. This research has been approved by the University of Toronto's ethics review board and is supervised by Dr. Cosmin Munteanu.

We are looking for 60+ year old participants who are interested in completing the following activities:
1. Sharing your Alexa history logs (as text transcripts) with the researchers for analysis. Any sensitive logs can be excluded.
2. Completing a questionnaire about yourself, your household, the smart speaker devices that you own, and the kinds of behaviours you have engaged in with your devices. This questionnaire will take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete.

Participants will be compensated $20 CAD in the form of an email transfer or an electronic gift card from the following merchants: Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Apple, Microsoft, or President’s Choice

If you're interested, please send an email to: participate@taglab.ca
Please include the study's name ("Older Adults' Alexa Usage"). I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:03:40 pm by TAGTeam »