Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show choosing wrong device

Hovawart

Echo Show choosing wrong device
« on: July 29, 2021, 04:13:31 pm »
My elderly mother and I have Echo Show devices so we can drop in on each other. Recently, every time she asks for music, it plays on my Echo Show and not hers.

When I hear music starting that I haven't asked for, I have to get up, go and see what selection is playing, and direct it to play on her device. This works. But I'd like her to be able to use her Echo without my intervention.

David N

Re: Echo Show choosing wrong device
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:36:18 pm »
I would deregister your moms echo and set it up under her own account. You can still do drop in, just have to give permission in the app.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 04:43:51 pm »
try adding the name of the echo device to the command

Hovawart

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 05:04:38 pm »
Thank you for both of these solutions. I will first try instructing my mom to add the name of her device to her command, and see if she can learn to do that. Will I lose any of my god-like powers to help her if I register her device under her name? Any downsides?

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 06:09:20 pm »
Thank you for both of these solutions. I will first try instructing my mom to add the name of her device to her command, and see if she can learn to do that. Will I lose any of my god-like powers to help her if I register her device under her name? Any downsides?

you will not lose access as long as you have the log in info.   Just sign out of yours and sign into hers. 

David N

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 12:49:07 pm »
If you separate the accounts make sure to authorize drop in.