Echo & Alexa Forums

Blood pressure monitors (like Omron) and Alexa

Hovawart

Blood pressure monitors (like Omron) and Alexa
« on: June 16, 2021, 01:25:15 pm »
Those of you who are using health skills to keep track of your elderly loved ones' blood pressure through Alexa, using a bluetooth-enabled BP monitor such as Omron, how satisfied are you with the smoothness of this operation? Does it work well?

Offline jwlv

Re: Blood pressure monitors (like Omron) and Alexa
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:54:27 pm »
I have an Omron bluetooth blood pressure monitor. It's very easy to use with big bright easy to read numbers. But I'm not aware of any Alexa integration with it. Perhaps there's a newer version that works with Alexa.

Re: Blood pressure monitors (like Omron) and Alexa
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 11:03:42 am »
I looked up the Alexa compatible OMRON units. Mine's not one. I have a BP5450. It is Bluetooth also, but is not capable of dealing with the monitor directly through Alexa. Although I think the app will connect to alexa, to get monthly stats and comparisons and such... but some of their higher-end Schmancy Monitors you can ask Alexa "What's my blood pressure"... I am assuming from reading, that the monitor needs to be in place and "on" to some degree for it to take your blood pressure using the Alexa app... which nearly makes the particular operation kind of moot, siince you should already be fairly aware that you have put your cuff on and turned on the machine... It'd be different if you could take your blood pressure with the Apple watch and/or a wearable type monitor... but only see BP monitors so far. Some things just don't really contriubute much to our "Smart lives"... this is one of those cases where very few will actually benefit from the app and Skill set ups... some will but it is kind of cumbersome overall.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!