Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Getting started

Jaselzer

Getting started
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:48:05 pm »
To start, the box was a big pain to open.  It looked fantastic.  But, with no instructions for how to open it easily (is there a way?) and not wanting to literally tear up the thing of beauty, it just took a long time.  That's just a comment.

My question is, what to do with the bottom piece you remove to plug the thing in.  Nothing in instructions (such as they are).  Seems like an important piece of equipment, so hard to think I should just throw it away.  Thoughts?

Re: Getting started
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »
To start, the box was a big pain to open.  It looked fantastic.  But, with no instructions for how to open it easily (is there a way?) and not wanting to literally tear up the thing of beauty, it just took a long time.  That's just a comment.

My question is, what to do with the bottom piece you remove to plug the thing in.  Nothing in instructions (such as they are).  Seems like an important piece of equipment, so hard to think I should just throw it away.  Thoughts?

would be nice to know which device you are talking about.  echo, dot or tap.

DParker

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:46:41 pm »

I'm not certain what it is that you're referring to.  There is no bottom piece that needs to be removed in order to attach the power plug to either the Echo or the Dot, and the Tap comes with a base that you set it in to charge, but nothing you remove to "plug it in".

The boxes for all three devices are quite simple to open, and the instructions clear and complete...which isn't difficult to accomplish, considering how simple setup is for them.

Jaselzer

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »
The device is echo.  Maybe I can put the bottom piece back on?  It has an indentation that fits the bottom of the unit.  If it's plugged in, the indentation no longer fits right against the bottom. 

DParker

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:01:15 pm »
The device is echo.  Maybe I can put the bottom piece back on?  It has an indentation that fits the bottom of the unit.  If it's plugged in, the indentation no longer fits right against the bottom.

Can you take a photo of this "bottom piece" you're talking about and post it here?  If you took the bottom...

...off an Echo it would look like this...

...and I doubt that's what you're doing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:04:00 pm by DParker »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:24:39 pm »
You've got to be kidding me! You mean to say you disassembled your Echo because you can't figure out how to plug it in?

Maybe these pictures I took of my Echo can give you some clues.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 03:12:38 am »
@jwlv

Because of this thread, you will need to create a new Category at this forum called "LOL Classic Posts" to display Classics like this one.  This is the most hilarious post at this, or any tech forum, I think I have ever seen.

To the OP: If it is not too late to salvage this unfortunate new Echo, (and its box) here is a link to the Online Amazon Echo Help site; plenty of instructions here: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201399130

Yoda_One

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:21:12 am »
It always amazing the length individuals will go to avoid to look at the instructions that is in the packaging.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:24:09 am by Yoda_One »

Jaselzer

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:43:07 am »
Is my face red or what?!  The little plug-in hole was so camoflaged, I thought I needed to remove the bottom to plug in echo.  Not the WHOLE bottom part, but obviously far too much.  So, rest assured, echo is now whole again.  These photos are, by the way, the excellent help I needed!  LOL.  Now, I feel I must reiterate that the box was far more troubling than any box should be.  VERY tightly folded and assembled.  I didn't want to use a box cutter, because the thing was so pretty.  I'm standing firm on that bit.