Echo & Alexa Forums

Device dosn't support that

Pablo56

Device dosn't support that
« on: May 02, 2021, 04:07:33 pm »
Hi. I have messed up a lightbulb called bedroom because that is where it is. In the App gosund I can control it. If  go to light bulbs in alexa, I can turn it on and off. If I say Alexa turn bedroom off, lexa says Bedroom dosn't support that. The mobile app will turn it on and off but the alexa ball dosn't acept it.

Re: Device dosn't support that
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 04:27:35 pm »
I believe if you delete the bedroom group and reassemble it properly it would take care of that. Building up your "room" for bedroom, from scratch. Be careful not to include things you want controlled separately.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Pablo56

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:24:53 am »
I don't have a bedroom group. No groups at all. Just 3 bulbs 2 with osund and 1 with Tapo.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 07:17:59 pm »
Do you have a "room"? set up for bedroom? If not, maybe that would be the way to get the bulbs to work. All the bulbs in my home are assigned to a room. If you have a bulb named room, and a room named room, the message you get is the one you have been getting. Maybe try grouping or assigning bulbs to rooms. Keep trying.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Pablo56

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 03:54:13 am »
I live in a hous. A house is made up of rooms. I have a bulb in three rooms. Each bulb has it's own individula name Living room, Bedroom, Hall. There are no groups. Why do you keep talking about groups. I DO NOT HAVE ANY GROUPS.

Pablo56

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 09:16:52 am »
No I am not using any groups. Why would I have a bedroom group for one light bulb? It would be like setting up a group email with only one email. I don't need groups for one item.

David N

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 01:24:20 pm »
Why would I have a bedroom group for one light bulb? It would be like setting up a group email with only one email. I don't need groups for one item.
So you can say Alexa, lights on or off . Or you can keep repeating the entire device name everytime you want to change the state of the bulbs.