Echo & Alexa Forums

Yikes! I have 17 Echo/Alexa devices!!!

Offline jwlv

Yikes! I have 17 Echo/Alexa devices!!!
« on: April 17, 2021, 06:35:52 pm »
I stopped counting a few years ago. But I counted again and I have 17 Echo devices!
6x Echo Show 5
4x Echo Dot (2nd gen)
2x Echo Auto
1x Echo Input
1x Echo Dot (3rd gen)
1x Echo Frames
1x Echo Flex
1x Echo Tap <--- I still think Echo Tap is the best. Too bad Amazon stopped making them.

I had no idea I had so many of these things. Plus I already got rid of several Echo Shows (1st gen), original Echo (1st gen), and Echo Dot (1st gen).

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:33:18 pm by jwlv »

Re: Yikes! I have 17 Echo/Alexa devices!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 10:44:56 pm »
You do have a lot.  I don't have near as many as you but I do know how easy it is to lose track of how many you have.   Fortunately live in a small two bedroom apartment so I really do not need anymore, however, if the inputs were still available I would have gotten one of those for every room in addition to the current device to make sure commands would always be heard.   I think they were a bit before their time. 

show 10 3rd gen
dot 3rd gen
two show 5
two echo frames
echo bud
original echo
fire tablet with show mode stand (may or may not count)

No longer have
show 5
dot first gen
dot second gen. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:58:00 pm by renegade600 »

David N

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 10:43:34 am »
While it is important to have an echo in each room for controlling lights, I have far to many. But why not, I'll play along.
7 dots, gen 3
1 dot, gen 2
3 echos, gen 2
2 echo plus, gen 2
1 echo, gen 3
2 show 5
1 show 8
2 echo studios
2 echo subs
3 echo autos
1 echo link
1 echo flex
2 fire tablets
1 firestick 4k
4 fire edition tv's
And the app on my phone
So, 32? Ouch, at least they are not all active. Let's Not count wifi devices, that is out of control at my house.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:04:34 am by David N »

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 04:22:39 pm »
That's a lot of devices for a 600 sf Apartment... LOL

(Yeah... I know you may live in a multilevel mansion, but the thought was funny so I posted iut anyway... LOL)

I stopped counting a few years ago. But I counted again and I have 17 Echo devices!
6x Echo Show 5
4x Echo Dot (2nd gen)
2x Echo Auto
1x Echo Input
1x Echo Dot (3rd gen)
1x Echo Frames
1x Echo Flex
1x Echo Tap <--- I still think Echo Tap is the best. Too bad Amazon stopped making them.

I had no idea I had so many of these things. Plus I already got rid of several Echo Shows (1st gen), original Echo (1st gen), and Echo Dot (1st gen).
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 04:30:55 pm »
I need to update my list as well. The list below (in signature) is very short on reality as far as echo devices are concerned. I have likily given away or thrown away more than I own currewntly... but suffice it to say, I have Auto, Dots (galore) and Tablets and much more... Sometimes I;t exhasuting to manage it even... but I have learned to leave things alone unless I need to stop and automatic feature they have added (which has slowed lately... thank god), or if I am decomissioning and gifting an old one now to make room for a new one. The tablets are oddly one of the most ignored, but most valuable to our ecosysem of echos... they answer almost as much as any specific echo device in my home now. Pretty cool stuff either way. And my lighting is almost exclusively Philips Hue smart bulbs, so other automation is helping as well, along with SIRI... I'm still loving all the toys and cool features our AI's are supplying us. It's gonna suck to retire one day and not be able to keep up with this fun stuff... I hope the kids will keep me in gadgets after I get too old to keep up with it. Divorce many years ago killed my long term retirment plans and cut them drastically from a livable income... to a maybe "existence" income.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 05:08:24 pm »
With the exception of the smart oven, I will get smart home devices that will work with google and others when I finally had it with the by the way and other unwanted info and ads Alexa gives.   

Offline jwlv

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 07:34:28 am »
After telling Alexa to stfu many times over several weeks she no longer says “oh by the way”

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 12:56:12 pm »
After telling Alexa to stfu many times over several weeks she no longer says “oh by the way”

I've done that enough to stop the By the way crap too... Scared my Mother in law nearly to a heart attack, yelling at one a few months ago... so I had to control myself... LOL

I also have a couple of Home Pods, and the audio is stellar... however the volume is low, but I don't really care as I never listen to high volume on anything except the Car Radio now... And even then only MY music, as I can;t stand the crap that keeps rolling out of the music industry lately. It is RARE to hear a good New Tune. Unlike when I was a kid and the hits were almost weekly. Back in the 70's 80's and 90's I enjoyed a lot of the newer tunes. Not all, but all kinds except Rap... I've not found but a tiny fraction of rap that is palatable.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro