Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Auto

Offline jwlv

Echo Auto
« on: March 28, 2021, 03:14:49 pm »
Is there a way to force the Echo Auto use its internal speaker instead of bluetooth or aux output?

When I'm listening to my car radio, if I ask Alexa a question, she'll hear it and answer the question. The problem is I won't hear the answer unless I change my car stereo to aux (or bluetooth). It's kind of a pain to switch my stereo to a different input just to ask a simple question like weather or time. Voice enabled would imply that I won't have to press any buttons on my stereo just to ask Alexa something.

Re: Echo Auto
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 05:00:06 am »
you can always wear your frames and ask it  :-)    I don't have the auto but can you tell it to disconnect from bluetooth then tell it to reconnect like you can with the regular echos. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:38:52 pm »
Good question! I will try to disconnect bluetooth and see what happens.
Although I do like my Echo Frames, I find that it's too heavy and bulky after extended use. It's still nice to have but I just don't use it every day.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 06:56:17 am »
Well, I tried disconnecting bluetooth. I do get audio feedback from Alexa, but it comes out of my phone. I wish there was an easy way to make it output to the built-in speaker. I know what Amazon was thinking. The built-in speaker is just used for making it easier to set up, but was never intended for regular use. But if it's already in there, why not make use of it? Yea, it's a tiny speaker and not very loud. Audio quality is terrible. But it's better than having nothing at all.