Echo & Alexa Forums

Turn off "Alexa for your day" on Show...

roguegeek

Turn off "Alexa for your day" on Show...
« on: March 20, 2021, 01:28:19 pm »
In the last week or so, a new panel has been popping up called "Alexa for your day" on all of my Shows. I checked all settings and can't seem to find anything that turns it off. What's going on here and how do I get that screen off all of my Shows?

Offline jwlv

Re: Turn off "Alexa for your day" on Show...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 12:31:13 am »
I got that too on my Echo Shows recently. I don't know exactly which setting turned it off because I turned off everything.

Here's how. Swipe down from the top of the Echo Show screen. Then tap Settings. Tap Home & Clock then Home Content. I turned off everything in Home Content because the only thing I want to see on my Echo Show is the clock.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 03:09:25 pm »
It was on the new show 10 I recently got.   I see no reason for it but guess we are stuck with it.  Maybe if everyone sends feedback about it, it might get removed. 

Radiospotz

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:57:21 am »
I figured it wasn't something I did it's something that they installed on my device without letting me know how to delete it or even accept it. I own three echo devices and all of them have the same issue so I'm triple irritated over this.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 09:38:13 am »
Anyone figure this out, or are we stuck with it?

I'm also getting a panel called Fun with Alexa that asks "Where do couples argue at the mall?" and I have everything off in settings.

I'd like my Echo display to show the clock and only the clock, but it's rotating between that and Alexa for Your Day followed by Fun with Alexa.  I could care less about any of this rotating spam.

Thank you.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 10:32:19 am »
you will not be able to turn off alexa for your day but you should be able to disable fun with alexa.   just go through all of your home content settings on the show and disable everything.

David N

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 10:53:12 am »
To get rid of "AFYD" change the language in the device settings on the app to another English such as UK, Canada, or Australia. When I did I also lost named timers that alexa remembered and recipes.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 05:38:03 pm »
Brilliant!  Thank you David N!  I'm now Canadian and there's no more spam rotation.  Love it.  Thanks again.

David N

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 06:09:05 pm »
Brilliant!  Thank you David N!  I'm now Canadian and there's no more spam rotation.  Love it.  Thanks again.
You're welcome.
As a Canadian now if you have brief mode enabled, when you request a camera feed brief mode will actually work. For some reason on the USA software when requesting a camera the echos still say OK.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 05:14:20 am »
Anyone figure this out, or are we stuck with it?

I'm also getting a panel called Fun with Alexa that asks "Where do couples argue at the mall?" and I have everything off in settings.

I'd like my Echo display to show the clock and only the clock, but it's rotating between that and Alexa for Your Day followed by Fun with Alexa.  I could care less about any of this rotating spam.

Thank you.

Every few weeks Amazon adds something new that appears on the Echo Show's home screen. Then you need to go to Settings, Home content and turn it off. For this week's annoyance, it's Fun with Alexa. So far, I don't see a way to turn it off.

Offline TE5LA

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 07:22:18 pm »
Every few weeks Amazon adds something new that appears on the Echo Show's home screen. Then you need to go to Settings, Home content and turn it off. For this week's annoyance, it's Fun with Alexa. So far, I don't see a way to turn it off.

What really irks me is that Alexa is beginning to add and enable skills that I never set up. I just had to remove the Apple skill and I have no Apple products.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 07:55:43 am »
What really irks me is that Alexa is beginning to add and enable skills that I never set up. I just had to remove the Apple skill and I have no Apple products.

most of the time, skills are added when it misunderstood what was said.   

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 07:48:45 pm »
Well unfortunately becoming Canadian wasn't the answer.  While there are not more "Alexa for your day" or any other annoying messages being displayed, there's now another issue.  Every 15 seconds the screen fades to black and then comes right back.  It's the same home clock screen, but that's what it does on repeat now.  Pretty much as annoying as all the messages.  I'm giving up on Echo's with displays.  They're garbage if you can't control the display.