Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app won't find any Bluetooth devices

LocoTiki

Alexa app won't find any Bluetooth devices
« on: March 10, 2021, 02:00:30 pm »
I have many Echo products and have been using them for many years.  I had a Bluetooth speaker connected to my Echo Flex and it worked fine for well over a year.  Recently I purchased a new speaker to replace the old one (it broke) and I've not been able to add it.  I've carried out every suggested troubleshooting step on line and at the recommendation of Amazon tech support and nothing has worked. 
I've tried adding the speaker to the account in the app as well as associating it with a specific device (Flex, Dot, Studio, etc.) but no matter what I do nothing appears when the app searches for devices. 
I'm able to connect to the speaker using my phone and multiple laptops without issue.  I've also tried connecting other Bluetooth devices to my Echo devices in the app and those now won't show up either.
I've scoured the web for info on this issue and found a handful of people over the past year with a similar issue but I haven't found any solutions.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Alexa app won't find any Bluetooth devices
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 03:42:58 pm »
what speaker?

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa app won't find any Bluetooth devices
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:41:27 am »
I have experienced the same when I tried to change Bluetooth speakers on a Dot and a Flex. The new Bluetooth speaker just can’t be found no matter what. What finally did the trick was to factory reset the Echo and deregister it from Amazon. That didn’t always work and it took a few tries. But in the end I did get it to pair up to a new Bluetooth speaker.