Echo & Alexa Forums

weird screeching sound

MissWorld

weird screeching sound
« on: February 16, 2021, 01:50:13 pm »
Hi,

first time posting here. Since yesterday my Ecobee (Alexa) has been doing screeching sounds once in a while. Sounds like a banshee to be honest and it's kinda freaking me out. Since yesterday it's done it 5 times. I tried unplugging the device, and resetting my password, it still did it. Any ideas?

Re: weird screeching sound
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 03:17:38 pm »
how many nodes do you have.  if more than one, try changing places.  also, power cycle it by pulling the power cable for a slow 20 count.  Make there is a solid connection to the wall outlet.   If it continues, you may need to contact amazon.

MissWorld

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:22:12 pm »
I only have one, I tried unplugging it and replugging it, but it still happened today.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 04:27:14 pm »
usually squealing is caused by interference from other devices that is located close to router or power cable.  Do you have any other electronic devices or cables close to the router or cables?   

MissWorld

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 07:39:12 am »
not in the same room! it has always been at the same place since we bought it, and it's the first time it does that...

I appreciate the help :)

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 09:01:27 am »
my only other suggestion would be to try another wall outlet or if you are using a surger protector try another or plug directly into the wall to see if it stops.  Other than that you will need to contact amazon if no one else here has any thoughts. 

MissWorld

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 11:19:45 am »
Well, as weird as this may sound, I have not heard the screeching sound in more than 2 weeks. Something weird that I noticed, once, was the screeching sound, when the snowplowing machine were outside, and I saw one of the drivers had this Bluetooth thingy in his ear, so im thinking it was interfering with my Alexa and doing that...