Echo & Alexa Forums

Pawword length limit?

pcombs

Pawword length limit?
« on: February 05, 2021, 04:50:55 pm »
I had two gen 1 Dots and a gen 3 Dot. All were working fine on my network. I deceided to upgrade the gen 1 Dots to gen 3s and started having connection issues.

When setting up the Dots I gave them the long, 64-bit password I'd always used. The Android Alexa app kept returning an "incorrect password" error. Then I chose to un-hide the password in the app and have a look. It displayed all the correct characters for the password except for the very last character. I tried repeatedly to add it in but I couldn't do so. Dropping the last two characters in that password and attempting connection allowed it to work.

Is there a known bug in the Amazon Alexa app, or is there a limit on the password length?

Re: Pawword length limit?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 04:31:39 am »
what password are you talking about, the router password or amazon.com password.   

pcombs

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 11:47:34 am »
what password are you talking about, the router password or amazon.com password.   

Router password.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 02:15:25 am »
as far as I know, there are no limits to the length.  Did a bit of research and nothing.   a couple of things to look at, do you keep your ssid hidden?   If so, unhide it till you get things working.   Are you using 2.4GHz?   If not, switch to that.