Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Pawword length limit?

Pawword length limit?
« on: February 05, 2021, 04:50:55 pm »
I had two gen 1 Dots and a gen 3 Dot. All were working fine on my network. I deceided to upgrade the gen 1 Dots to gen 3s and started having connection issues.

When setting up the Dots I gave them the long, 64-bit password I'd always used. The Android Alexa app kept returning an "incorrect password" error. Then I chose to un-hide the password in the app and have a look. It displayed all the correct characters for the password except for the very last character. I tried repeatedly to add it in but I couldn't do so. Dropping the last two characters in that password and attempting connection allowed it to work.

Is there a known bug in the Amazon Alexa app, or is there a limit on the password length?

Re: Pawword length limit?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 04:31:39 am »
what password are you talking about, the router password or amazon.com password.   

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 11:47:34 am »
what password are you talking about, the router password or amazon.com password.   

Router password.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 02:15:25 am »
as far as I know, there are no limits to the length.  Did a bit of research and nothing.   a couple of things to look at, do you keep your ssid hidden?   If so, unhide it till you get things working.   Are you using 2.4GHz?   If not, switch to that.