Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple Echo Dots with Multi User Household Setup

Deet27

Multiple Echo Dots with Multi User Household Setup
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:22:56 pm »
Recently bought 3 Echo Dots and a Echo Show 5. I just want to confirm that I have set them up in the correct configuration. There is 2 adults and 2 Teenagers in the household.

When I first got the Dots we all setup individual Alexa accounts linking Spotify to each account (we have Spotify Family) the problem was when I had setup Routines to switch off lights/Plugs etc no one else was able access. Dropins and Announce were also not working. So I assumed I setup incorrectly and reset up.

Now I have everyone logged into my Alexa App account as "someone else" and each setup new User/Profile? has gone through the recognise Voice setup. Im assuming that is the correct way to setup (the whole house on one Account).

The issue I'm getting is now two people cannot play Spotify in different rooms and we can't have our own individual reminders/calendars etc.  Is it better for me to work from a "Household" or to have everyone sign into the echos on individual amazon accounts (my kids are in their late teens and have their own amazon sign ins.)?