Echo & Alexa Forums

new rules on wemo

new rules on wemo
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:59:41 pm »
anyone tried creating new rules within their android wemo app since the last update?  If so, did it work?   I have found several users having problems with creating new rules, including me,  and was wondering if it is a common problem.  Wemo community was unable to help. 

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/cannot-set-time-rule/m-p/30282#U30282

Offline jwlv

Re: new rules on wemo
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:47:22 pm »
Apparently there's an issue with the Android app since the last update. I'm not sure if Wemo fixed it yet.
I use IOS for my Wemo needs, and I have not had any problems with creating rules. With the recent app update and the firmware update, I noticed things are a lot quicker in the app.  It used to take several seconds when I open the app to see all of my devices and whether they are currently on or off. Now I can see all of my Wemo devices and their current state almost instantly (less than 1 second.)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:36:25 pm »
Apparently there's an issue with the Android app since the last update. I'm not sure if Wemo fixed it yet.
I use IOS for my Wemo needs, and I have not had any problems with creating rules. With the recent app update and the firmware update, I noticed things are a lot quicker in the app.  It used to take several seconds when I open the app to see all of my devices and whether they are currently on or off. Now I can see all of my Wemo devices and their current state almost instantly (less than 1 second.)

In the wemo community someone used iOS and had no problems creating rules when he could not on the android.    I now wish I had not gotten rid of my old iphone last year  :-(

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 07:35:17 pm »
Yep, old iPhones and iPads are handy to have around for use as remotes, media players, and just about anything but as a phone.  When we give a kid a tablet to watch movies on, it is always the ol' iPad 1.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:12 pm »
Yep, old iPhones and iPads are handy to have around for use as remotes, media players, and just about anything but as a phone.  When we give a kid a tablet to watch movies on, it is always the ol' iPad 1.

actually you can use it as a phone using skype or some other voip  :-)   Just had to be around wifi