Echo & Alexa Forums

Drop In case scenario

jonimelo

Drop In case scenario
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:54:48 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make things work with drop in, and my question is:
If my sister has two echo show's at her place (that belong to her daughters, my nieces) can she register thru an amazon account on her phone and will I be able to drop in on my nieces echo shows?  How will I be able to connect by drop in to a specific echo show of one of them? My guess is that this is not possible. I've been reading about amazon echo, and it seems that my call will drop in to the echo that is detecting movement in the moment of the call, but I'm not sure about this.

Can I conclude that in each household we should have only one phone connected thru alexa app to all the shows that exist there? What kind of implications does this have?  I'm thinking of the problem that will arise if my sister connects to her calendar on google. Will her daughters be connected to my sister 's calendar on their devices? I have lots of questions for which I have no answer.

thanx in advance

fstbusa

Re: Drop In case scenario
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 09:01:59 am »
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make things work with drop in, and my question is:
If my sister has two echo show's at her place (that belong to her daughters, my nieces) can she register thru an amazon account on her phone and will I be able to drop in on my nieces echo shows?  How will I be able to connect by drop in to a specific echo show of one of them? My guess is that this is not possible. I've been reading about amazon echo, and it seems that my call will drop in to the echo that is detecting movement in the moment of the call, but I'm not sure about this.

Can I conclude that in each household we should have only one phone connected thru alexa app to all the shows that exist there? What kind of implications does this have?  I'm thinking of the problem that will arise if my sister connects to her calendar on google. Will her daughters be connected to my sister 's calendar on their devices? I have lots of questions for which I have no answer.
thanx in advance

yes you can drop into one of her echos.  She will have to allow it in her settings.  I think you can choose to allow anyone, anyone on your account, or permitted contacts as options.  I'm not exactly sure if you can drop in to a specific device but I would assume so if it is allowed on her account.  I would assume you need to know the name of her echo to accomplish that.

any outside app/service that is connected to an echo is connected to the account in which its logged into.  So any echo that is associated with that account would have access to that data(ie: calendar info)