Echo & Alexa Forums

Naming Problem

ajdillon

Naming Problem
« on: December 24, 2020, 12:04:58 am »
My new home has a "casita" (a small guest suite separate from the rest of the house. I installed a Meross smart switch to control the lights, but Alexa confuses "casita" with the Lutron smart switch "caseta"
Is there a way to simply remove all Lutron skills so this conflict no longer exists?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Naming Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 02:42:22 am »
you are just going to have to use a different name. 

ajdillon

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 01:53:51 pm »
Thanks, that reminds of a doctor I used to see, I told him "It hurts when I do this" and he told me "Don't do that!"

I have already changed the name, but would prefer to use the name I have become accustomed to. Surely there must be a way to simply remove all of the Lutron associated skills that use the name "Caseta"

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 01:09:35 am »
Thanks, that reminds of a doctor I used to see, I told him "It hurts when I do this" and he told me "Don't do that!"

I have already changed the name, but would prefer to use the name I have become accustomed to. Surely there must be a way to simply remove all of the Lutron associated skills that use the name "Caseta"

hypochondriacs go to the doctor all the time so you can't always get what you want.   there are names that cannot be used for various reasons.   I found this out myself over the years.   You also need to remember names should not be hard to remember or pronounce if you want family or friends who may come over to use them.  Otherwise you will find yourself resetting light switches all the time inorder for you to use voice commands. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 02:51:37 am by renegade600 »