Echo & Alexa Forums

Deleted routine still working.

briancbb

Deleted routine still working.
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:50:55 pm »
I had a routine that switched off my Christmas lights at 11pm which I have decided to delete and have the lights go off when instructed to switch off by the voice command "Alexa, Christmas off".  (Christmas, is a group with two active plugs named tree and stars, if it makes any difference).
However he lights are still going off at 11pm, and the routine does not exist now to change or try and rectify.  Voice commands "Alexa, Christmas on" and "Alexa Christmas off", both work.  It is just that they are responding to a non existent routine.
Any ideas?

Offline jwlv

Re: Deleted routine still working.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:39:25 pm »
A couple of things might be happening here.

"Christmas off" might refer to the Christmas group that you created, which does not need a routine to turn on or off.

Alexa has a self-learning feature called Hunches. Based on your past behavior (e.g. Christmas turning off at 11pm), Alexa will learn to turn the light off at 11pm whether the routine is there or not. Here's some more info about Hunches: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G52AHYG24BT5B23U

briancbb

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 05:12:08 am »
Thanks very much for your help, however it does not appear to be "hunches" causing the problem.

Unfortunately just realized also "I'm across the pond" and posted in the wrong section so you may see the same query appear one forum heading down.

briancbb

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 06:24:54 pm »
For information:
I have cured the problem by factory resetting the plugs within the SmartLife app and then reconnecting to the internet.  Plugs retained the same given name "stars" and "tree" so the plugs did not completely factory reset, but they do not now switch off at 11.00pm.
Thanks jwiv for your replying.