Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa and Groups of Lights

Alexa and Groups of Lights
« on: December 12, 2020, 06:13:14 pm »
So I just installed 4 bathroom lights above my mirror in a row. These are RGB Smart Bulbs via the Smart Life.apk. I have created a home, my home and set all of the bulbs under Bathroom. I named all four bulbs the exact same name. I can control the bulbs individually with my phone one at a time just fine. What I cannot figure out is how to get Alexa to turn off all 4 bulbs simultaneously at the same time via voice command. Currently she only controls a single of the 4 bulbs and I'm trying to determine how to make them a single group of lights.

Thanks for info!

Re: Alexa and Groups of Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »
Give each bulb a different name.   If you use numbers, spell it out, for example use bulb one instead of bulb 1.   Then you can create a group in the Alexa app to turn them all on or off at once. 

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:32:45 pm »
Yes as reegade600 has said call them by different names, say, bulb one, bulb two, etc. and add each bulb individually to a named group, say, "bathroom".  Then say "Alexa, bathroom on" or "Alexa, bathroom off".  Never give separate items, or groups, etc. the same name.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:25:21 am »
I have 2 lamps each with 2 ball shaped globes on them, with a single bulb per ball. I named them "Ballay", "Ball bee", "Ballsee", and "Baldy" Each individually controllable by voice with ease. This just one example.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!