Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Groups of Lights

RPBaskett

Alexa and Groups of Lights
« on: December 12, 2020, 06:13:14 pm »
So I just installed 4 bathroom lights above my mirror in a row. These are RGB Smart Bulbs via the Smart Life.apk. I have created a home, my home and set all of the bulbs under Bathroom. I named all four bulbs the exact same name. I can control the bulbs individually with my phone one at a time just fine. What I cannot figure out is how to get Alexa to turn off all 4 bulbs simultaneously at the same time via voice command. Currently she only controls a single of the 4 bulbs and I'm trying to determine how to make them a single group of lights.

Thanks for info!

Re: Alexa and Groups of Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »
Give each bulb a different name.   If you use numbers, spell it out, for example use bulb one instead of bulb 1.   Then you can create a group in the Alexa app to turn them all on or off at once. 

briancbb

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:32:45 pm »
Yes as reegade600 has said call them by different names, say, bulb one, bulb two, etc. and add each bulb individually to a named group, say, "bathroom".  Then say "Alexa, bathroom on" or "Alexa, bathroom off".  Never give separate items, or groups, etc. the same name.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:25:21 am »
I have 2 lamps each with 2 ball shaped globes on them, with a single bulb per ball. I named them "Ballay", "Ball bee", "Ballsee", and "Baldy" Each individually controllable by voice with ease. This just one example.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!