Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart Wi-Fi two gangedswitch - how to assign separate functions?

MikeO

Hi there,

I have at last managed to find some smart switches that work without a Neutral wire to fit in my house (in the UK). These are the switches: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088PZ36Z6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them working fine, through Smart Home, but both gangs of the switch work whenever I turn them on using Alexa - so my porch light and hallway light always light up at the same time (not really a problem - but  my kitchen under counter lighting comes on when I turn on the rear door light  ;D).

Each of the 'gangs' can be named, but I can't work out how to get Alexa to work these individually, rather than using the name I have given the switch (ie the Porch Light one is called Porch light, but has two 'gang' switches called Porch and Hall). I'm sure this is quite simple, but it has me stumped at the moment - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike  8)

kalanikaau

Re: Smart Wi-Fi two gangedswitch - how to assign separate functions?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:01:53 am »
Hi there,

I have at last managed to find some smart switches that work without a Neutral wire to fit in my house (in the UK). These are the switches: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088PZ36Z6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them working fine, through Smart Home, but both gangs of the switch work whenever I turn them on using Alexa - so my porch light and hallway light always light up at the same time (not really a problem - but  my kitchen under counter lighting comes on when I turn on the rear door light  ;D).

Each of the 'gangs' can be named, but I can't work out how to get Alexa to work these individually, rather than using the name I have given the switch (ie the Porch Light one is called Porch light, but has two 'gang' switches called Porch and Hall). I'm sure this is quite simple, but it has me stumped at the moment - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike  8)

I ran into this same situation with 2 Kasa (TP Link) smart switches installed in a 2 gang device box, both assimilated the same action when I programmed them.
Do your switches have readily accessible reset buttons?
The work around is to program one switch as you wish then to reset the second switch by using the reset button and to program it to whatever you wish.
The fact that Kasa switches require a neutral is just for them to operate at all, your neutral-less switches should be no  different regarding programming.
Try to locate this button, it should be located below the switch paddle itself, (it's really tiny) if existent

P.S. I opened the link you provided, evidently you enter pairing mode by pressing and holding the switch for 5 seconds or so, this should do the same thing as I described
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 01:26:45 am by kalanikaau »