Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa dot keeps linking to my iphone

Valhalla09

Alexa dot keeps linking to my iphone
« on: December 09, 2020, 01:42:21 pm »
Hello. I've had the dot for 3yrs or so and in the last 2 to 3 days, out of the blue, my iphone keeps connecting to my echo dot. for everything! I use the skill Any Lists and love that but I never had this problem before. It is driving me crazy. My kids messege me in Messenger or Whats App, or I just go to my photos and it keeps connecting to the dot. Then plays the sound from my videos I play through the dot. Help me make it stop. I do still want the dot to send the shopping list items to my phone though. THank you for any help you can give me. I have looked for a place to turn this off, but besides disconnecting my bluetooth I cannot see where I can do it.

Re: Alexa dot keeps linking to my iphone
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 05:21:03 pm »
you can try pull the power plug on the dot for about 40 seconds to see if it reset bluetooth.   How are you sending the shopping list to the phone?

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa dot keeps linking to my iphone
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 10:26:36 pm »
Try saying Alexa disconnect bluetooth.

I believe if you ask Alexa to connect bluetooth and then leave the area, it will reconnect automatically when you return. To prevent that, you need to say disconnect bluetooth. This does not unpair or forget your bluetooth settings.