Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Getting Alexa to respond on a sleeping Samsung S8

Getting Alexa to respond on a sleeping Samsung S8
« on: December 05, 2020, 03:07:27 pm »
I have read where this is not possible but I think it should be easy enough to accomplish. What I've seen so far is: while in my car, backing out of my garage, I say to my sleeping phone "Hey Google, tell Alexa to close the garage door.". That wakes up the phone and puts me in the Amazon app. Then I say, "Alexa, close garage door". That works if I talk loud enough (shout). Is there a way I can bypass Google? I could do it directly from Google, but last time I tried it, my garage door just about wrecked after getting stuck in a open/close/open/close loop. (Google treats the door opener as a switch and since the switch is momentary contact and since it's Google, I have to say, "Hey, Google, turn on the garage". So whether I'm opening or closing the garage door I have to say it that way. (So I don't)