Echo & Alexa Forums

Using Two Echos in different homes with the same Amazon Account

BeardPrismPower

Using Two Echos in different homes with the same Amazon Account
« on: November 27, 2020, 04:06:18 pm »
I want to purchase an Amazon Echo for my mother for Christmas - and I want her to be able to take advantage of my Amazon Music Unlimited subscription.

My question is - is there a way for me to set up my Amazon account on her Echo, for her to listen to my unlimited music and make herself reminders BUT have those reminders be separate from the ones I make? Even though they're on the same amazon account

Offline jwlv

Re: Using Two Echos in different homes with the same Amazon Account
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 04:37:58 am »
There is an Amazon Music Unlimited plan for a single Echo device for $3.99/month.

There is also a Family Plan that can be used by 6 separate accounts for $14.99.

If you are wanting to share your account, you could do that but you'd share everything that is attached to your account. That includes Amazon Music, credit cards, purchases/orders, contacts, control over smart devices, etc.

It sounds like you only want to share the music. To do that, you would need to get the Amazon Music Unlimited Family
Plan.

Link to Echo Plan: https://www.amazon.com/music/unlimited/echo
Link to Family Plan: https://www.amazon.com/music/unlimited/family/ref=sv_dmusic_amu_flyout_family

BeardPrismPower

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 10:11:14 am »
Right, but is there a way to let an Echo have access to an Amazon Music Unlimited family plan...but not have access to the other things.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:26:19 pm »
Only by using the Family unlimited plan.  The regular music unlimited plan will only allow 1 device at a time to stream, i.e. if your mother was listening you couldn't - unless you stopped hers.  The Family plan allows up to 6 separate devices to stream from different accounts - but your most cost effective option is to set her up her own account and get the $3.99 per month plan for her.

simonic

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 12:34:24 pm »
I have this set-up by accident with my ex-wife.   It's correct that you would need to get the family account for the music.

Regarding other things, I think it is possible to run the two Echos on one account, as long as privacy is not an issue.  The other person could I guess listen in to your Echo (I seem to remember this function - I may be wrong) 

Any routines you set up you have the option to make device specific, as with alarms etc.   However,  I get nofications when my wife orders things on Amazon - not really a problem but you might not want that.  Maybe there's a way to turn this off.

If your mother is elderly and not that tech savvy, you could help her by setting up alarms specific to her to put the bins out etc.

Simon