Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Routines on/off

Routines on/off
« on: November 27, 2020, 07:15:08 am »
Echo needs to show routines as switches for better control within a routine.  In my circumstance I have to use 2 routines like so:  I have my porch light turn on at sunset to 40% brightness.  Then I had to do a 2nd routine that says when my doorbell senses motion my light brightens to 100% then after 5 minutes returns to 40%.  Great except I can only control the 2nd routine by using the timer clock (which keeps changing w/ sunset/sunrise)  instead of running it as a sunset to sunrise routine.  If the first routine could control the 2nd by turning on/off the enable/disable switch in the 2nd routine it would be great. 

Even like an away/home situation... If routine "away" could turn on/off other multiple routines to operate only under those circumstances then 1 routine could control certain lights and at times that I don't need/want controlled when I'm home... It could make echo/alexa way more useful setup. 

Re: Routines on/off
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 11:29:11 am »
you should send feedback to amazon whenever you have suggestions.