Echo & Alexa Forums

echo frames

echo frames
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:23:25 pm »
The frames are no longer day one.  It is now opened to everyone with shipping Dec 10.   It is an upgrade of the current model so those who have the day one edition can upgrade for 70 bucks while everyone else will have to pay 249 and tax.   I was wondering when this was going to happen.  I got my pair the middle of December last year.   The second generation is supposed to have better battery life, so I may upgrade. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/19/21575243/amazon-echo-frames-smart-glasses-alexa-loop-second-gen-available

Re: echo frames
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:16:31 pm »
I went ahead and ordered a second pair for 70 bucks.  Got a different color - modern tortoise.  actually I meant to order black and was planning to change it but the new seems to be more brown so I decided to keep it.   

It looks like the battery is a bit better, not by much.  unless I overlooked it, did not see anything about exchanging the old pair so that is good.   

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »
I got the blue one. Good to see that Amazon finally made some sort of arrangement with Lenscrafters. I had a very difficult time finding a place who would make the lenses when the Echo Frames first came out. I even went to Lenscrafters and they said they couldn't do it at that time. But if you search some of the old threads, I actually went with a mail order company in New York for lenses. Ended up costing much less than most other places.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 07:57:47 pm »
The new 2nd gen Echo Frames are going to be released in 3 days! (Dec 10). I already got my pre-order in. But my delivery date is Dec 18. In the past on pre-orders, Amazon shipped one or two days before the release date and it gets delivered on the exact day.

Did anyone else order the Echo Frames? What is your estimated delivery day?

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:14:49 am »
The new 2nd gen Echo Frames are going to be released in 3 days! (Dec 10). I already got my pre-order in. But my delivery date is Dec 18. In the past on pre-orders, Amazon shipped one or two days before the release date and it gets delivered on the exact day.

Did anyone else order the Echo Frames? What is your estimated delivery day?

I should get my shipping noticed anytime now.  It still shows arriving Dec 10 -)  Hope there will not be any delays. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 06:42:46 pm »
That's strange. My delivery date still shows Dec 18. I placed my pre-order back on Nov 19. I ordered the blue one instead of the standard black. Maybe that's the reason for the delay?

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 04:18:04 am »
That's strange. My delivery date still shows Dec 18. I placed my pre-order back on Nov 19. I ordered the blue one instead of the standard black. Maybe that's the reason for the delay?

could be a color issue  :-)   still not shipped and it still shows arriving tomorrow by 10pm.  I placed my order on the 19th too.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 06:49:01 pm »
Just got the shipped email.  I will get it sometimes tomorrow (Thursday).  Too bad it is with UPS.  That means it will be late afternoon.   Wish it was with USPS so I could get it in the morning.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 02:53:38 pm »
Got them - earliest ups ever delivered to me.  The modern tortoise coloring is a bit darker than expected but at least they are not black.   They were already charged to 80 percent.  Now to test to see how much better the battery really is. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:56 pm »
I found out why my Echo Frames is arriving a week later. Apparently blue is very popular, much more than the black or the tortoise. It is already out of stock, while the other two colors are still available.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 04:39:09 am »
I found out why my Echo Frames is arriving a week later. Apparently blue is very popular, much more than the black or the tortoise. It is already out of stock, while the other two colors are still available.

I would think it would be the tortoise (brown) that would sell out faster.  But blue glasses?? 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:28:07 am by renegade600 »

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 04:24:43 pm »

Todays the day, you get them yet?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 04:51:48 pm »
Nope. Delayed till Monday.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 03:00:57 am »
Nope. Delayed till Monday.

guess its that time of year causing the delays

Offline jwlv

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 05:28:43 am »
It's not a shipping delay with an overwhelmed carrier. All month long, the order status showed Dec 18 as the delivery date. And even on Dec 18, it said it would arrive by 10PM. But the status never showed that it has actually been shipped. Now today, I get the notification that is has been shipped via UPS with the tracking #. Given that UPS doesn't deliver on Sat/Sun, I will receive it on Monday.