Echo & Alexa Forums

echo frames

Re: echo frames
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 11:56:40 pm »
I did not get the shipped email until late night before the delivery.    Fortunately it was before UPS and the others started limiting pickups from amazon and other online retailers. 

Offline jwlv

Re: echo frames
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:44 am »
UPS did deliver my new Echo Frames (blue) on Monday. So far I like it. The auto-off feature is very useful, at least to me. I am near-sighted. As such, I only use my glasses when going out, driving, watching TV, etc. I do not use my glasses when I'm using the computer because the monitor is close up and I can see things close up just fine. Having the Echo Frames turn off automatically when I take them off is a welcome new feature. The old Echo Frames remained on unless you power it off manually. That caused a problem before because I would forget that the Echo Frames was still connected to my phone and when I make a call or start using the phone, the mic/speaker is still going to the Echo Frames.

The battery life on the new Echo Frames seems to be at least 50% better than the original. The old ones lasted one full day. The new ones are still at 70% on my second day. This may be a side effect of using the auto-off feature.

The auto-volume adjust doesn't seem to work all that well for me. The feature supposedly would adjust your volume (up or down) depending on the ambient noise around you. I've calibrated it and changed some settings as suggested, but I barely notice any difference.

And the one question people are asking is:
Will lenses from Echo Frames Gen 1 fit into the Gen 2? The answer is YES! It's the exact same size so you can pop out your old lenses and put it in the new Echo Frames Gen 2.