Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

echo frames

echo frames
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:23:25 pm »
The frames are no longer day one.  It is now opened to everyone with shipping Dec 10.   It is an upgrade of the current model so those who have the day one edition can upgrade for 70 bucks while everyone else will have to pay 249 and tax.   I was wondering when this was going to happen.  I got my pair the middle of December last year.   The second generation is supposed to have better battery life, so I may upgrade. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/19/21575243/amazon-echo-frames-smart-glasses-alexa-loop-second-gen-available

Re: echo frames
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:16:31 pm »
I went ahead and ordered a second pair for 70 bucks.  Got a different color - modern tortoise.  actually I meant to order black and was planning to change it but the new seems to be more brown so I decided to keep it.   

It looks like the battery is a bit better, not by much.  unless I overlooked it, did not see anything about exchanging the old pair so that is good.   

Offline jwlv

Re: echo frames
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »
I got the blue one. Good to see that Amazon finally made some sort of arrangement with Lenscrafters. I had a very difficult time finding a place who would make the lenses when the Echo Frames first came out. I even went to Lenscrafters and they said they couldn't do it at that time. But if you search some of the old threads, I actually went with a mail order company in New York for lenses. Ended up costing much less than most other places.