Echo & Alexa Forums

Motion sensors do not show time elapsed without motion

donpato@imaginativa.

Motion sensors do not show time elapsed without motion
« on: November 14, 2020, 11:21:41 am »
Hello everybody. over the last few pandemic months I have been experimenting and having fun adding many different smart devices to my home.

I have several echo show gen 2 and echo plus around my house. I also have a hue hub and a smartthings hub.
I also have several zigbee and z-wave motion sensors from philips, samsung, aeotec, fibaro and others.

Some of the philips zigbee sensors are paired with the philips hub and some of the samsung sensors are paired with the smartthings hub, the rest of the philips and samsung zigbee sensors are paired with one of the zigbee hubs inside my echo plus and echo show 2nd gen devices. All my z-wave sensor are paired with the smartthings hub. All of the sensors were discovered by the Alexa app.

I created a lot of routines in the alexa app triggered by these motion sensors. The usual stuff, lights to turn in a room on when the sensor detect motion and lights turned off after a number of minutes have elapsed without motion.

This whole system was running nice and smooth for many months until I noticed than some of the lights that were turned on by a routine would not turn off after the appropriate time had elapsed.

When I chequed the "malfunctioning" sensor I could see that there was no information of the time elapse with no motion, it only says that no motion has been detected but there is no information on time elapsed with no motion, that is the reason that lights associated with that sensor never turn off.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards

Patricio

Re: Motion sensors do not show time elapsed without motion
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 08:07:50 pm »
I've had similar issues with Philips Hue sensor, and found it had a low battery... If yours are Battery powered, You might try changing that battery.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!