Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Run a routine to enable or disable

Run a routine to enable or disable
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:21:44 am »
I have a sunset to sunrise routine that turns on some outside lights.  One light I have set to dim to 40% works great.  Then I have another routine that if my ring doorbell detects motion, then the porch light brightens to 100% then dims back to 40% after 5 minutes.  That too is great except I can't set that to work from sunset to sunrise and must use a timer type of setting. I have to keep resetting timers as the sunset to sunrise times keep changing.  Would be great if I could have that routine "enable/disable"  under the same sunset to sunrise settings in that routine.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Run a routine to enable or disable
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 11:55:36 am »
check with the lights own app and see if it has the sunrise/sunset setting. 

Re: Run a routine to enable or disable
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 12:22:28 pm »
check with the lights own app and see if it has the sunrise/sunset setting.

It does... but then I still can't connect to it thru the rings doorbell motion detection.  I do it thru the alexa app  Turning the lights on and off is no problem.