Echo & Alexa Forums

Pairing Echo Studio and Echo Remote

Pairing Echo Studio and Echo Remote
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »
I am having trouble paring my Studio to a remote. I have followed the instructions exactly but all that happens is it locks up my Studio.  It won't even reset by plugging and unplugging after it locks up - I have to force a reset by holding the action button and going through setup again.  I thought the remote my be faulty so I tried another one I had - same thing.  Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Pairing Echo Studio and Echo Remote
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 04:46:49 am »
according to amazon device support though I am not sure if it is amazon or bestbuy support. 
Hey there. As of right now there isn't a remote that will control the Echo Studio unless it was connected to your Fire TV,

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/amazon-echo-studio-smart-speaker-with-alexa-charcoal/6347267/question/22eb570b-871e-32b1-9131-6f9f5fc52cca

David N

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:39:47 am »
I am having trouble paring my Studio to a remote. I have followed the instructions exactly but all that happens is it locks up my Studio.  It won't even reset by plugging and unplugging after it locks up - I have to force a reset by holding the action button and going through setup again.  I thought the remote my be faulty so I tried another one I had - same thing.  Anyone have any ideas?
The echo voice remotes do work with the studio. The firestick remotes do not. Assuming you have the correct remote you will need to update the software in the remote. To do this pair your remote with an older echo. I have used echo 2nd gen, plus 2nd gen, and dot 3rd gen. If the echo does not announce an update just let it sit still for about 30 minutes. Then just unpair and you should be good to go for pairing with your studio.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 02:19:39 pm »
That was the ticket!  Paired it to another, let it sit a half hour and then pair to the Studio.  Works like a champ, thanks!