Echo & Alexa Forums

interrupt a Alexa routine

ROBBOuk

interrupt a Alexa routine
« on: October 26, 2020, 04:22:05 pm »
how can i stop a routine once started...  i have a long routine that starts at a set time each day that turns different lights on over a period of time (2-3 hours with several "wait" commands) for when there is nobody is at home..  however when my wife comes home an hour later and says "hello" which starts off her welcome home lighting routine the original routine does not stop is still running and will then turn some lights on or off depending on the original routine.. 

i know i might be making my routines a little elaborate but this is the point of having them to save me running around the house shutting blinds and turning lights on and off etc....... but surely a simple IFTTT option in the app that if a new routine is started then Alexa is to discontinue the routine named "*****" at that point until its start time again the next day.   

if there is a work around for this that would be great

Re: interrupt a Alexa routine
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:01:46 pm »
maybe if you know someone is coming home early, use a second routine that is not as long otherwise, there is not a way to stop a routine in progress via voice.   This had been asked several times in the official amazon echo forums.