Echo & Alexa Forums

Using alexa as speakers for a bluetooth turntable

Usmcmom6

Using alexa as speakers for a bluetooth turntable
« on: October 13, 2020, 01:47:21 pm »
I am looking to use my alexa devices as Bluetooth speakers for my turntable. Has anyone had success doing this? I am about to order a bluetooth transmitter for my old turntable but it might be
Time to just upgrade my turntable instead. Any suggestion on a turntable that you have successfully connected to alexa to use as speakers.
Thanks!

Re: Using alexa as speakers for a bluetooth turntable
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:01:52 pm »
as far as I know, the Alexa devices only Transmit. They do not receive audio through the Bluetooth... This allows a person to transmit the audio signal to a better sounding speaker from the smaller units, either by Bluetooth or by cable connection. It's not in stereo either, which makes it less than wonderful sounding froma single speaker... I'm not 100% sure on the stereo part of transmission as things have changed over the years with alexa... I know the Dots didn't used to play in stereo... but nowadays they may. They certainly sound better than the original speakers did too.. I have 2 Homepods for my Stereo sound through WIFI... pretty pleased witht them. They're not too loud, but they are super clear audio quality. And today Apple just introduced a new Homepod mini that oddly enough, is shaped like a ball... Hmmm... where have we seen that? The new one is only 99 dollars too. (It works with the Apple TV, but not sure it would do for anything else)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Usmcmom6

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 03:54:54 pm »
Thanks for your response.  I guess I’ll be shopping for wireless speakers to go along  with a new bluetooth enabled turntable.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 04:07:24 pm »
Here's a Prime Day deal for a bluetooth turn table for $39.
https://www.amazon.com/Record-Player-Vinyl-Recording-Turntable/dp/B07GLLWF5L

Reviews are a bit mixed, mostly good, some bad.

showpow

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 08:31:06 pm »
You can use your echo as a bluetooth speaker. I often use my echo speaker to stream audio from my phone. The same should apply for any bluetooth device that transmits audio. Here's a guide for how to stream from your phone to your echo speaker: https://www.helpfulhome.com/how-tos/how-to-use-amazon-echo-as-bluetooth-speaker/

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 08:28:32 am »
Definitely been some changes along the way. Thanks for the info, showpow
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!