Echo & Alexa Forums

Stereo pair of Echos or one Studio?

mlazenby

Stereo pair of Echos or one Studio?
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:57:49 am »
Hi everyone! I decided to switch from the google paradigm since they are moving to Youtube music, which has annoying commercials. I'm trying to decide between buying 2 Echos for a stereo pair, or a single Studio. Mostly I am interested in music, but I might want to use for the TV also.

I'd appreciate any suggestions that folks might have to offer.  :)

Mike

Re: Stereo pair of Echos or one Studio?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 12:17:33 pm »
it is really a decision only you could make.  you did not say what two echo.   studio will be better over all especially since two echos as stereo does not always work as intended.  but two echos would cover more space when it comes to general commands.   better yet, just get all three  :-)

mlazenby

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 12:40:41 pm »
I was thinking two Echo gen 3's. For coverage I am planning to get some dots, this is just about my main listening space. Do you get "true stereo" from a Studio?

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 03:43:48 pm »
no true stereo, you will still have to pair it with another.   should be able to pair it with a home theater but a dot can do that :-)

check out the page on amazon.  It gives most of the features and specs.

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Studio/dp/B07G9Y3ZMC

mlazenby

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 06:23:05 pm »
Anyone actually compared the sound of paired gen3 echos to a Studio? I'm leaning to the Studio as the simpler solution.

thrilljunkieuk

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:59:12 am »
I had the same decision a few months ago. I ordered a Studio but was a bit disappointed with the unit (I was using the optical in for surround sound but was so buggy and not as good as a full surround sound system).
I returned the Studio and got a pair of 3rd Gen Echo's which I have not regretted at all. Love the sound quality of these units and joined as a stereo pair they sound fantastic.

showpow

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:36:51 pm »
I use an echo 3rd gen for audio and it works well. Haven't tried pairing 2 for stereo, but I imagine you'd get a better effect with 2 rather than 1 echo studio. I also have the studio, and while it's a good speaker, you can't replicate true stereo sound with just one speaker.

Plus if you get the 2 3rd gens you can always add the echo sub somewhere down the road.